Think Ahead imagines how advances in science will change the way we live
With more than 200 objects from the past, the present and the speculative future, this exhibition blends technology with hands-on experiences. It will inspire you to research, think creatively and share your ideas.
How will our cities look? How will new materials change our houses, cities and clothes? What will we eat? How will we use the space around Earth?
Think Ahead shows you
- scale models of boats, planes and trains demonstrating changes in transport over the past 200 years and how it has transformed the world
- milestones in medicine and health, including the da Vinci Surgical Robot
- how the food we eat in the future will be different from what we eat today
- future technological developments in music for the hearing impaired, as well as the evolution of new instruments like the laser harp
- the layers of the city and how they interact, including transport, waste, water and energy systems
- A prototype of the EN-V Xiao Pod Car from General Motors Holden, on display for the first time in Australia
Interactive activities allow you to
- imagine upgrading your mind, organs, limbs and adding special features to your body
- create a new city that can house more people yet include more green space and bikes
- design your own future sneaker and your own future vehicle
- tackle the challenge of future traffic in the VicRoads Traffic Management Interactive