Our values encourage and create an inquisitive, inclusive and creative environment with opportunities to demonstrate innovation and professional expertise.
Museums Victoria is Australia's largest public museum organisation, employing just under 700 staff from varied backgrounds. Career opportunities with us are diverse and exciting. The work environment is dynamic and inclusive and upholds our key values to: Strive, Embrace, Explore, Respect, Illuminate and Sustain.
Museums Victoria is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children within our venues and through engagement in our outreach programs. We create and maintain a child safe environment. The welfare of children is a top priority and we have zero tolerance for child abuse.
As a Museums Victoria employee you will also be entitled to a number of benefits:
- Free entry to Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and Immigration Museum for staff, family and friends *conditions apply
- Discounted entry to IMAX
- Free staff and family previews to some major touring exhibitions
- 10% discount in all Museums Victoria shops and cafes
- Discounted parking at Melbourne Museum
- Access to discounted yearly public transport ticket
- Flexible working hours/ working arrangements
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Learning & Development Programs
- Study leave
- Cultural and ceremonial leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary sacrifice for superannuation
For more information on benefits and conditions of working at Museums Victoria, please take a look at our Staff Enterprise Agreement.
Museums Victoria's values – Strive, Embrace, Explore, Respect, Illuminate and Sustain – support our vision and shape our culture. Our values represent the essence of who we are, how we behave and what we think is important in work and in life.
Museums Victoria’s Gender Equality Action Plan articulates our priorities for advancing gender equality and achieving the vision:
To foster an inclusive and respectful workplace that embraces the gender equality principles as part of our culture and supports all staff to contribute and reach their full potential.
The Gender Equality Action Plan outlines a range of actions which will be undertaken over the next four years. It has been approved by the Commission for Gender Equality in the Public Sector as meeting the requirements of the Gender Equality Act 2020 (Vic).