Media enquiries and expert comment
The Museums Victoria Media and Communications team assists media with enquiries related to Museums Victoria's collection and research and its venues Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks, Immigration Museum and the World Heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building.
Got a general research question, but don't have media or editorial requirements? Go to Ask Us.
- Kate McCabe – Senior Media & Communications Manager
- Jacqui Wilson – Media & Communications Manager
- Anastasia Casagrande – Media & Communications Officer
- Anna Quinn – Media & Communications Manager (Immigration Museum)
- Thomas Holloway – Media & Communications Support Officer
Filming and image requests
Editorial filming and photography requests
Museums Victoria Media and Communications team facilitates image and filming requests from media outlets for editorial purposes only. Filmmakers must guarantee an on-camera acknowledgement of Museums Victoria and/or its venues to be classified as editorial.
Any photography or filming in which Museums Victoria's venues are to be used as a "set" or background - including movie or television drama, fashion or advertising shoots - is not considered to be editorial. Filmmakers must guarantee an on-camera acknowledgement of Museums Victoria and/or its venues to be classified as editorial.
For more information visit the Museum Spaces venue hire website.
Student photography and filming projects are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and can only be supported by the External Relations team in certain circumstances.
Museums Victoria's experts, many of whom are world leaders in their fields, can provide media comment across a wide range of research areas.
Our expert researchers and curators are continually developing and documenting the collection, as well as creating exhibition content for Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and the Immigration Museum.
- Marine sciences: identification, origins, ecology and conservation of Australian and world marine species
- Mineralogy and Petrology: minerals, rocks, meteorites and geology
- Palaeontology: fossils and dinosaurs
- Terrestrial environments: research focus on land invertebrates (insect fauna) and herpetology (reptiles and amphibians)
- Histories and cultures of indigenous peoples, particularly Australia and the Pacific
History and Technology experts
- History of Melbourne, including research on the Royal Exhibition Building and Spotswood Pumping Station
- Images and audio-visual collection of approximately 300,000 items
- Immigration and cultural diversity in Victoria
- Sustainable futures, including the Invisible Farmer Project
- Technology, innovation and change - including the history of Australian computing
- Engineering and transport
Live Exhibit experts
- Care, handling and management of live species