What's with the weather?
- Museum Staff-led
- Terms 2-4, Mon–Fri
- 30 minutes
- Year level
- Years K-2
- Maximum student numbers
- Maximum 118 students
- $9 per student plus education service fee
- Booking information
- Bookings (03) 9392 4819
This 30-minute show is held in our high voltage Lightning Room. It’s a great way to introduce young minds to the science behind clouds, storms and lightning.
Our educator will involve members of the audience in some hair-raising weather experiments.
The show will finish with giant lightning bolts from our Tesla coil. Please note that the Tesla coil is very loud and may frighten some children.
While the general Lightning Room suggested age range is for ages 5 and up, this show has been designed to be suitable for younger children.
Learning: Children are confident and involved learners
- Develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity
- Develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, inquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
- Transfer and adapt what they have learnt from one context to another
- Resource their own learning through connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
F-2 Science understanding - Earth and space sciences