Dinosaurs...traces of the past
- Museum Staff-led
- Terms 2-4, Monday–Friday
- Outreach program for regional Victoria
- Year level
- Years F-2
- Maximum student numbers
- Maximum 60 students
- Free as part of the Positive Start program
- Booking information
Program fully booked. Please complete waiting list registration form.
Have the museum come to your primary school in regional Victoria to share an amazing new dinosaur program supported by the Department of Education and Training Victoria through the Positive Start in 2022 initiative.
Discover everything you’ve ever wanted to know about dinosaurs! Students will learn about the fascinating world of dinosaurs by engaging with dinosaur bones, fossils, replicas and stories that will help them go back in time to consider when dinosaurs existed on earth.
Our hands-on interactive experiences with complementary digital resources will provide an incredibly rich learning environment for all students.
All regional Victorian Government schools and low fee-paying, non-government schools are eligible to access this Positive Start outreach program. We will do our best to accommodate as many requests as possible (subject to availability).
Museums Victoria acknowledges the support of the Department of Education and Training, Victoria, through the Positive Start in 2022 initiative.
The program will connect to the following curriculum areas:
- Living things have a variety of external features and live in different places where their basic needs, including food, water and shelter, are met (VCSSU042)
- Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves (VCSSU043)
- Compare observations and predictions with those of others (VCSIS054).
- Use a range of methods, including drawing and provided tables, to sort information (VCSIS053).
Through participating in these programs - students will:
- Be able to make authentic scientific observations;
- Explore how dinosaurs grew, and hatched!
- Identify external features of Dinosaurs which helped them to survive.