Bookings, conditions and cancellations
Museum in a Van
We receive more requests for presentations than we can provide. We carefully plan our schedule each year so that we can reach as far across Victoria as possible. Changes can be difficult to accommodate, particularly with short notice.
When dates for bookings are changed by the client and the request can be accommodated by the Outreach Program, there will be no charge. If we cannot change the booking, the rules for cancellations will apply.
For aged care programs it is a condition of booking that at least one support staff member from the centre attends the presentation.
Cancellations received on the day of a scheduled "museum in a van" Outreach Program presentation will incur the full presentation cost.
Cancellations received within ten working days prior to an Outreach Program presentation will incur the full presentation cost.
Virtual Learning Terms and Conditions
Cancellation / postponement
Cancellation for any Museums Victoria virtual learning session requires at least a week’s notice.
Failure to notify us with more than a week’s notice will result in you being charged for the total cost of the program and the education service fee, this includes not showing up to the virtual learning session on the day.
All cancellations must be made in writing via email on [email protected]
If you miss the Live Session time which you have booked, you will not be refunded for this booking.
If Museums Victoria cancels a Live Session due to unforeseen circumstances which you have booked, you will receive a full refund for this booking or reschedule the session if possible.
If Museums Victoria loses transmission or encounters some other technical problem during the session, it will continue the session as soon as transmission is re-established or the other technical issue is resolved. If the problem can’t be resolved, we will refund the session or reschedule the session where possible.
If you lose transmission or have technical problems at your end the responsibility to rectify these issues during your allocated booking time lies with you. Please ensure you have read our FAQs before joining a session to mitigate any issues. If the problem can’t be resolved, you will not be refunded for this booking.
Museums Victoria Child Safe Policy Statement
All children visiting or engaging with Museums Victoria have a right to feel and be safe, respected, valued and protected from harm.
Museums Victoria is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children within our venues and through engagement in our outreach programs. We create and maintain a child safe environment. The welfare of children is a top priority and we have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Museums Victoria will take all necessary steps to prevent and protect children from physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, and cultural abuse and neglect. This includes protecting children from other children and visitors.
More information about Museums Victoria’s policy can be obtained by contacting us.
Conditions of participation
When attending an Online Program, you agree:
- Not to use a camera or other recording device or to digitise or reproduce any images, sounds and data, without the prior written consent of Museums Victoria. The exception is for non-commercial social interaction purposes you engage in through social media such as blogging or tweeting.
- Not to wear or otherwise display commercial or offensive signage or logos or engage in ambush marketing generally nor sell or distribute any goods or services without the prior written consent of Museums Victoria.
- Not to re-sell or offer to re-sell any tickets to an Online Program at a premium or to use any of them for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without the prior written consent of Museums Victoria.
Outreach Kits booking and cancellation conditions
- Cancellations for Kit bookings must be received ten working days prior to the booking hire start date, otherwise the full hire cost will be incurred.
- We pay for posting the kit out to you, and you pay for return postage.
- Kits must be returned in the same condition as received. We may ask borrowers to cover the cost of replacing any lost or damaged materials.
- As the kits are very popular we have a set loan period to reach as many groups as possible.
As such it is important to return the kit on time as late returns disadvantage the next borrower.
In the case of late returns, at our discretion we may charge an administration fee to allow us to compensate the next borrower or cover the cost of express postage:
- $10 for Reminiscing Kits
- $25 for Learning Kits