- Terms 1-4, Monday–Friday
- 60 mins
- Year level
- Years 1-2
- Maximum student numbers
- Maximum 50 students
- $7 per student plus education service fee
- Booking information
- Bookings (03) 8341 7767
Students are introduced to the First Peoples of Victoria and learn some of the protocols associated with this aspect of our shared history.
Students will be provided with a trail booklet to focus their attention and guide them through the exhibition. Teachers should follow the trail on the map included in the booklet, which can also be used back at school to reflect on their learning in the space.
At this year level students focus on the practices of daily life and the objects used to live sustainably on the land. They focus on family life and how children lived and learned alongside their parents.
Students can work in pairs and discuss different aspects of daily life as they document their journey through the exhibition.
History: Foundation - Level 2
- Identify perspectives about changes to daily life from people in the past or present (VCHHC055)
- Identify examples of continuity and change in family life and in the local area by comparing past and present (VCHHC056)
- The effect of changing technology on people’s lives and their perspectives on the significance of that change (VCHHK065)
Geography: Foundation - Level 2
- Why Country/Place is important to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and the ways in which they maintain special connections to particular Country/Place (VCGGK066)
Intercultural Capabilities: Foundation - 2
- Identify what is familiar and what is different in the ways culturally diverse individuals and families live (VCICCB001)