Road to Zero VCE Health and Human Development
- Terms 1-4, Monday–Friday
- Year level
- Year VCE
- Booking information
- Bookings (03) 8341 7767
Students are guided through the Road to Zero Experience Space at Melbourne Museum using a web-based app. They apply their understanding of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion and the Sustainable Development Goals to the important issue of road safety.
Students complete a range of hands on experiences, respond to short answer questions, and can edit their responses after viewing high-level sample responses. Students receive the revision notes they create at Road to Zero via email.
The app consists of three modules:
- Module 1: Action Areas Explore Victoria's road safety health promotion strategy, and then apply the action areas of the Ottawa Charter.
- Module 2: Health Promotion Strategies Consider how Road to Zero reflects the health promotion strategies that underpin the Ottawa Charter.
- Module 3: Sustainable Development Goals Explore how Road to Zero is working towards achieving the SDG 3 key feature ‘Halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents.’
How to take part
Individual visits: Students can visit the Road to Zero Experience Space during Melbourne Museum opening hours. The web-based app launches on the student’s device when signing into Road to Zero. We recommend students allow about an hour to complete the app.
VCE Health and Human Development
Unit 3, Area of Study 2 – Promoting health and wellbeing
- The role of health promotion in improving population health, focusing on one of: smoking, road safety, or skin cancer.
- Key skill: apply the action areas of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion to a range of data and case studies
Unit 4, Area of Study 2 – Health and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Key features of SGD 3 ‘Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages’
- Key skill: describe key features of SDG 3 and analyse its relationships with other SDGs in collaborative approaches to improving health and wellbeing, and human development globally.