Dynamic Earth gallery visit
- Terms 1-4, Monday–Friday
- Year level
- Years F-12
- Education service fee
- Booking information
- Bookings (03) 8341 7767
Discover Earth’s geological processes in this highly engaging exhibition showcasing an impressive collection of different minerals and rocks. Immerse yourself in the power of Earth’s natural forces such as volcanism in the 3D cinema.
In Dynamic Earth, students can explore Earth's formation, the composition of layers within the Earth, rock formation and find a range of common rock types through the extensive displays.
Earth and Space Sciences
Foundation - Level 2
- Earth’s resources are used in a variety of ways
Levels 3 - 4
- Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural processes and human activities
Levels 5 - 6
- Sudden geological changes or extreme weather conditions can effect Earth’s surface
Levels 7 - 8
- Sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic rocks contain minerals and are formed by processes that occur within Earth over a variety of timescales.
Levels 9 - 10
- The theory of plate tectonics explains global patterns of geological activity and continental movement
The Dynamic Earth exhibition also covers aspects of the chemical sciences strand including: natural resources, their use and properties; elements, compounds and mixtures; chemical change.