‘I want to go to the Museum’ program
The 'I want to go to the Museum' program reaches out to children, schools and young families who, due to disadvantage or distance, have not visited one of our museums.
This fantastic program supports a range of initiatives, and would not be possible without our generous supporters.
Since the launch of ‘I want to go to the Museum’, generous gifts from our community have enabled us to:
- Subsidise museum visits for more than 85 Victorian schools a year
- Engage with families from low socio-economic areas and from refugee or asylum seeker backgrounds through the Science Morning Tea program
- Grant nine 1854 Scholarships to university students undertaking research
- Develop phase two of the Autism Friendly Museum, which will give young people with Autism and related conditions valuable work experience opportunities.
- It is vital that we continue to grow these important initiatives. Your support will make a real difference.
Everyone deserves the chance to go to the Museum.
Please make a gift today.
Donations of $2 or more to Museums Board of Victoria are tax deductible. Museums Board of Victoria ABN 63 640 679 155 is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient.
If you wish to donate objects to Museums Victoria, please see our page on donating items.
If you would like to discuss making a donation for a specific purpose, opportunities for regular giving or leaving a bequest, we would love to hear from you.