link to home page
HomeImage SearchResourcesAbout
Making TracksStationsRiding the RailsStaffPower ParadeDisasters


Jolimont Workshops

New workshops opened at Jolimont in 1917 with the electrification of the suburban railway network. The workshops initially converted suburban passenger carriages for electric operation and later maintained electric trains.


Tait carriages, Jolimont railway workshops, c. 1918view larger image Tait carriages, Jolimont Railway Workshop interior, circa 1918.

Running sheds, Jolimont Railway Yards, 1914view larger image Construction of Jolimont running sheds, 3 June 1914.

Running sheds, Jolimont Railway Yards, 1914view larger image Construction of Jolimont running sheds, 3 June 1914.

Running Sheds, Jolimont Railway Yards, 1914view larger image Construction of Jolimont running sheds, 20 October 1914.

Running sheds, Jolimont Railway Yards, 1915view larger image Interior of Jolimont running sheds, 30 April 1915.

Running sheds, Jolimont Railway yards, 1914view larger image Construction of Jolimont running sheds, 27 July 1914.


© Museum Victoria Australia