- Museum Staff-led
Terms 2-4, Mon–Fri
10am, 11.30am & 1pm
- 30 minutes, plus gallery viewing time
- Year level
- Years F-6
- Minmum student numbers
- Minimum 10 students
- Maximum student numbers
- Maximum 30 students
- $9 per student plus education service fee
- Booking information
- Bookings (03) 8341 7767
Uncover the secrets of dinosaur fossils and explore what scientists know about dinosaurs like Triceratops, and how they know it.
In this 30-minute staff-led program, students will meet Horridus the Triceratops at Melbourne Museum and learn about the science of palaeontology. How was Horridus fossilised and found? Who found Horridus? And how did Horridus end up in Australia? Did Triceratops dinosaurs live in Australia? Which dinosaurs did, and how do we know?
Bookings for Triceratops: Fate of the Dinosaurs must be made at least three weeks prior to visiting.
- Living things have a variety of external features and live in different places where their basic needs, including food, water and shelter, are met (VCSSU042)
- Different living things have different life cycles and depend on each other and the environment to survive (VCSSU058)
- Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them to survive in their environment (VCSSU074)