Meet a lizard, make a lizard
Step into the garden with Justin to meet someone special and be inspired to create your very own climbing gecko!
- Cut out and colour the Gecko Climber template. Visit Collections Online for some real life lizard and gecko examples to inspire your colouring.
- Glue the front and rear sides of the Gecko together. You may choose to sandwich a piece of card or paper in between for added strength.
- Attach two small straws (approximately 4cm each) to the rear side using masking or cellophane tape. These straws should be spaced apart and angled slightly outward at the bottom.
- Thread a length of string or yarn downwards through both straws, creating a loop at the Gecko's head and loose ends at the bottom.
- Hook this loop around a door knob or other anchor point, then holding the ends of the string, pull each side back and forth.
- Watch as your Gecko climbs the wall!