Accessibility information for Immigration Museum. Also see the Autism friendly museum for social stories, sensory friendly maps and other information.
We are proud to support Companion Card and offer complimentary admission upon presentation of a valid companion card at the time of purchase. Companion Card holders can bring their attendant free of charge.
If catching the train to Immigration Museum you'll arrive at Flinders Street Station and travel a few blocks to get to the museum. Please visit the Metro trains website to assist with your train commute.
The Melbourne City Tourist Shuttle is wheelchair accessible and stops on William Street (Stop 11), two blocks from the Immigration Museum.
There are two accessible entries to the Immigration Museum:
- Via the gate on Market Street (near the corner of Flinders Street) and along the ramp to the main Flinders Street entrance, which has automatic doors.
- Via the ramp further up on Market Street which leads into the Festivals Courtyard. There are automatic doors at the rear of the building. The central corridor then leads to the Flinders Street foyer.
Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooter
Wheelchairs and a mobility scooter are available free of charge at the ticket desk at Immigration Museum for your visit on a first-come basis on the day. We recommend booking a wheelchair or mobility scooter prior to your visit by calling Immigration Museum on 13 11 02. All exhibition galleries and public spaces have lift and/or ramp access.
Accessible lifts are located in the main foyer and provide access to all exhibition galleries on all levels.
Accessible toilets are available on the ground and first levels of the museum:
- Festival Courtyard (Accessible)
- Discovery Centre (Family toilets/ Baby change table/ braille)
- Getting in Exhibition (Family toilet)
The National Relay Service (NRS) can assist people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, please visit their website for more information.
24-hour relay call numbers:
- TTY/voice calls: 133 677
- Speak & Listen: 1300 555 727
- SMS Relay: 0423 677 767
Blind/low vision access
Service animals are welcome in the museum. The lift has tactile indicators and our exhibitions have tactile components.
Autism friendly museum
Immigration Museum is an Autism Friendly Museum, which provide maps of high and low sensory spaces, social scripts and more. Find out more
We currently have maps, programs and visitor guides available in languages other than English.
- 墨尔本移民 博物馆 参观指南
- 移民博物館 ビジターマップ
- Museo dell’Immigrazione: Mappa dei visitatori
- Musée de l'immigration: Plan destiné aux visiteurs
- Immigration Museum Besucherkarte
If you'd like to talk to us about a group with particular access requirements, or if you need more information about accessibility at Immigration Museum, please contact our bookings office on 13 11 02.
If you would like to provide feedback around accessibility at Museums Victoria, please email [email protected].