Let's make a whirlygig
Super spinning whirlygigs! Learn how to make your own whirylgig that spins like a helicopter as it floats gracefully through the air.
You will need:
- Activity sheet (printed out)
- A paperclip, blue tac or plasticene
What to do:
- Start by colouring in your creation! What colours do you think might look interesting spinning rapidly?
- Using your scissors, cut along the solid lines.
- Fold along the dotted lines.
- Add on a paperclip, blue tac or platicene to the bottom.
- Drop your whirlgig and observe what happens!
Can you modify your whirlygig to make it spin faster or slower? What happens if you add extra weight, or cut out larger wings? Explore your neighborhood to find a spot to launch your whirligig from up nice and high! How long can you get it to remain airborne?