Let’s make slimier slime
Squidgy, stretchy, gooey, slimier slime! Learn how to use kitchen items to make your own psyllium husk slime.
You will need:
- An adult to help
- Psyllium husk- you'll find this in the health food aisle
- Food dye
- Tap water
- A microwave
- A large microwave safe bowl
- A spoon
What to do:
- Add a cup of water to your bowl, then a teaspoon of psyllium husk and a couple of drops of your food dye. Give it a stir.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 3-5 minutes, watching the whole time. Stop the microwave when the mixture starts to boil. It will be very hot!
- Have your adult stir the mixture then place it somewhere safe until it cools.
- Take your icky, gooey slime somewhere it’s okay to get messy. How does it feel? Is it runny or is it gummy? Are you able to hold it easily*?
*If you want a thicker textured slime, try heating your mixture for longer. Just make sure you stop if it’s about to boil over!