Mind Controlling Microbes!
Do your guts control your mind? Come and find out about our newest in-development exhibition, and tell us what you think before it’s built.
Our newest Science exhibition – yet to be named - will explore new revelations that our minds, guts and microbes are inextricably linked. And we’d like to hear from teachers about what you think of the content of this new exhibition.
Come and hear from the exhibition team about this exciting new area of science, and the exhibition concept design. Then we’d like your thoughts on how this may or may not link to the curriculum and how else the museum can best support your teaching of science in the classroom.
- Tuesday 19 June, 3pm–5pm, at Melbourne Museum
- Free, but bookings essential
- Science as human endeavour – Levels 3-10
- Understandings, discoveries and inventions inform personal and community decisions
- Science solves problems that affects people’s lives
- Solutions to contemporary issues and ethical considerations
- Biological Sciences – Levels 3-10
- Classification, differences between organisms
- An animal’s response to a stimulus is coordinated by central-nervous system, neurons, synapses
- Health and PE – Levels F-10
- ID actions to promote health, safety and wellbeing
- Examine health messages and how they relate to health decisions and behaviours
Learning in Museums workshops
These workshops promote current learning theory and its application to museum experiences, the deconstruction of exhibitions and practical activities for use in the classroom.
This program is relevant for new and experienced educators. Led by Melbourne Museum education staff, it can be run to suit your group's needs.
Minimum 15 participants per session.
- Available Semester 2, Monday-Friday
- Booking fee. Free for pre-service and graduate students
- Call 03 8341 7767
Access Melbourne Musuem staff, expertise and resources for your next professional learning opportunity.
The Melbourne Musuem education team can support professional learning tailored to school and curriculum needs for all year levels from kindergarten to tertiary. Take advantage of our unique expertise and facilities including hands-on long-term, temporary, and touring exhibitions.
A variety of professional learning formats can be arranged, incorporating staff-led workshops, problem-based challenges, project design and support, teacher and student co-learning models, and exhibition explorations.
Designed to school or cluster group needs and with particular expertise in Science, History, Culture, and Digital Technologies Melbourne Museum experiences can have a powerful impact on professional learning.
- Negotiable, 9am-4pm
- Prices vary depending on requirements
- Call 13 11 02
To keep up to date with professional learning opportunities Museums Victoria-wide, join MV Teachers for a variety of benefits.