Coding and robotics
The resources in this kit will support educators and assist them in introducing coding and robotics in a playful and developmentally appropriate way.
This kit is now available for Early Childhood and Lower Primary students and has been redeveloped with new objects and activities.
This learning kit offers an exciting and practical introduction to coding and robotics, with a focus on creativity and problem solving. Through a presentation of diverse ways to develop computational thinking skills, children will also develop a sense of curiosity about technology and how it will shape our future.
Students are encouraged to explore controlling a robot, sequencing instructions to create an algorithm, pattern recognition and working collaboratively to solve problems.
This kit contains links to VEYLDF learning outcomes and the Victorian Curriculum F-2 Digital Technologies.
The kit can be used to support a visit to Scienceworks or as a stand-alone experience. For further resources, please visit our Early Childhood Web Hub.
VEYLDF and Curriculum links
The kit covers
- VEYLDF: Outcome 4 - Children are confident and involved learners.
- Children develop and range of skills and processes such as problem solving, inquiry and experimentation, hypothesizing, researching, and investigating.
- Children transfer and adapt what they have learnt from one context to another.
- VEYLDF: Outcome 5 - Children are effective communicators.
- Childrens begin to understand how symbol and pattern systems work.
- Victorian Curriculum F-10: Science
- Science Inquiry Skills - Participate in guided investigations, including making observations using the senses, to explore and answer questions (VCSIS051).
- Victorian Curriculum F-10: Digital Technologies
- Digital Systems - Identify and explore digital systems (hardware and software components) for a purpose (VCDTDS013).
- Data and Information - Recognise and explore patterns in data and represent data as pictures, symbols, and diagrams (VCDTDI014).
- Creating Digital Solutions - Follow, describe and represent a sequence of steps and decisions (algorithms) needed to solve simple problems (VCDTCD017).
$85 (GST inclusive) for a 2-week loan
Kits will be delivered by post. We pay for posting the kit to you, you pay for return postage. Other arrangements may be possible upon booking.
Please read our booking and cancellation policy before proceeding.
Relevant Robot User Information
This kit includes Bee-Bots and Spheros. Please use the following links to help you solve any problems.
Find out more about our STEM professional learning workshops for educators working in funded kindergartens.