Leave a bequest
A gift in your will leaves a legacy for generations to come.
A gift in your will is a lasting tribute and act of generosity.
It will support Museums Victoria to continue to provide a deeper understanding of the world in which we live, in order to inform and inspire visitors to act for a better future.
You may allow the Museums Victoria Foundation to apply your gift at its discretion or direct it towards a specific purpose, such as:
- Education and public programs
- Increasing access for community
- members experiencing disadvantage
- Scientific research
- First Peoples initiatives, or
- Conserving, protecting and developing the State Collection
Bequests of any size will contribute to Museums Victoria’s future work and will be gratefully received.
How to leave a bequest to Museums Victoria
Museums Victoria recommends that you seek independent professional advice from a lawyer or financial advisor about your bequest options.
For your convenience, we have prepared the following sample wording for different forms of testamentary gifts that you can discuss with your advisor for inclusion in your will:
I give, free of all duties and taxes, [description of bequest] to the Museums Board of Victoria, trading as ‘Museums Victoria’, ABN 63 640 679 155 for the use and benefit of Museums Victoria at its absolute discretion. The receipt of the CEO, President or other authorised officer shall be an absolute discharge to my executors for the gift.
Description of bequest:
- “the sum of [amount] Australian dollars”
- “the residue of my estate” OR “[insert number] percent of the residue of my estate”
- “the whole of my estate” OR “[insert number] percent of my estate”
- “[insert number] percent of capital arising from [insert name] charitable trust” OR “[insert number] percent of income arising from [insert name] charitable trust”
- Details of non-tangible assets (for example, shares)
Donations of $2 or more to Museums Board of Victoria are tax deductible. Museums Board of Victoria ABN 63 640 679 155 is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient.
If you would like to discuss making a donation for a specific purpose, opportunities for regular giving or leaving a bequest, we would love to hear from you.