Let's tie-dye a mask
Have you ever tried tie-dying? This video will show you how to tie dye your very own mask with different colours and patterns.
For this activity you will need
- A white cotton mask
- Elastic bands or twine
- A bucket or tub
- A plastic bag
- Plastic gloves
- Soak the mask in water and vinegar for 1 hour.
- Take the mask out and wring out the water.
- Fold and tie the mask into different shapes to create different patterns.
- Put on your plastic gloves and squirt the dye onto the mask. You can create colour blocking by dying different areas.
- Put the dyed masks into the plastic bags and leave it for around 4–6 hours.
- Take the mask out and put it under running water. Leave the mask tied until the water runs clear.
- Once the water runs clear. Untie the mask and hang it to dry.
- It's now ready to wear