Senior Curator, Science Exhibitions
- Connect with me
- Contact me
- Contact me through our enquiries team
I develop content for exhibitions, public events and publications on topics relating to science, technology and society for audiences of different ages, interests and backgrounds.
As a member of creative exhibition teams I am responsible for content development and public communication across whole gallery spaces, an entire exhibition or individual exhibits depending on the scope of the project. To create dynamic and relevant experiences we use a range of media – from physical interactives and interactive multimedia and games, to immersive environments, to push button models and heritage object displays.
I was the Lead Curator on The Children’s Gallery at Melbourne Museum (2016) and Think Ahead at Scienceworks (2013) and prior to that the Science and Life Gallery Redevelopment at Melbourne Museum.
As well as ongoing participation in audience research for exhibitions, I am currently involved in a McCoy grant-funded project with University of Melbourne Researchers looking at the needs and interests of older adults in museums. In 2016 I was a key team member on two research projects focussing on young people in museums Engaging Children and Families in Museums with Melbourne University researchers and ‘Let’s go to the museum’: An investigation of the expectations and learning engagement of prior-to-school aged children and their families with Macquarie University researchers.
MSc, Science Education, Curtin University, Perth, 1995-97
Grad Dip, Science Communication, The Australian National University, Canberra, 1988
BSc, Biology, 1st Class Honours, Macquarie University, Sydney 1984-87
Museum Exhibitions: Evaluation and Education, MuseumsEtc, 2010 (Chapter author)
Melbourne's Wildlife: A field guide to the fauna of Greater Melbourne, CSIRO Press, 2006 (Coordinating writer)
Projects and events
The role of museums in Ecocites 12 July, 2017 Ecocity World Summit
Connecting with Nature 5 June, 2017 Hobsons Bay City Council, World Environment Day celebration
- Pauline Gandel Children’s Gallery, Melbourne Museum 2016
- Think Ahead, Scienceworks, 2013
- Dynamic Earth Science and Life Gallery, Melbourne Museum, 2010
- 600 million years: Victoria evolves Science and Life Gallery, Melbourne Museum, 2010
- Wild: Amazing animals in a changing world Science and Life Gallery, Melbourne Museum, 2009
- Dinosaur Walk Science and Life Gallery, Melbourne Museum, 2009
- Sportsworks Scienceworks, Melbourne, 2006
- Cells and DNA Human Mind and Body Gallery, Melbourne Museum, 2007
- Toys: Science at play Travelling exhibition, developed by Scietech Discovery Centre, Perth and Scienceworks, Melbourne, 2003
- Muck Bunker Stormwater Experience Scienceworks, Melbourne, 2004
- Sewerage treatment Eastern Sewerage Treatment Plant, Bangholme, Melbourne, 2001
- Southern Diversity Science and Life Gallery, Melbourne Museum, 2000
- Zoom in Travelling exhibition, developed by Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre, 1996
- Science of Life Welcome Trust Headquarters, London, 1989