Tyama: A multisensory experience of nature
- General information
Check for available sessionsMultilingual guides
- Information for your visit
Immersive, Multisensory, Extraordinary
Tyama transports you to Victoria’s nocturnal worlds, immersing you in 360-degree responsive projections, breathtaking effects, and exquisite soundscapes.
Tyama: A deeper sense of knowing is an interactive museum experience like no other, giving you the chance to discover senses beyond human perception alongside the animals that use them.
Explore and play through six extraordinary digital environments, to bring untold stories to life.
This immersive experience allows you to see each environment from the perspectives of the animals themselves.
- Chase pheromones with moths.
- Use sound to see like a bat.
- Learn from fish to sense without touch.
- And swim with whales to discover the songlines that connect us all.
Tyama (Chah-muh) is about a deeper sense of knowing, not just with our minds but with all our senses.
Grounded in First Peoples knowledge, Tyama blends the physical and digital to create an unmissable immersive experience to reawaken your connection to the natural world.
What you need to know:
- Tyama is a self-guided experience for all ages and abilities.
- Your journey will take approximately 25 to 40 minutes.
- We’re a COVID safe, non-touch experience.
- Projections use flashing light which may affect visitors with photosensitivity.