Creative Futures Annual Design Workshop
Using museum collections and design thinking practices to enrich schools based design education.
With a focus on creative collaboration to develop ongoing design education professional development for Design and Technologies Teachers, this one day intensive nurtures excellence in Design Education in Victoria.
A profession learning workshop for teachers of year levels 7–12.
Dates: Wednesday 6 July 2022
Where: Melbourne Museum
Registrations have now closed
Supported by Creative Futures Ltd this special workshop is free for teachers and jointly facilitated by Museums Victoria Education and DATTA Vic experts.
Creative Futures aims to deepen teacher practice through interaction and immersion with design professionals, educators, and leading teachers.
Design and Technologies Levels 7-10
Creating Designed Solutions
- Critique needs or opportunities for designing and investigate, analyse and select from a range of materials, components, tools, equipment and processes to develop design ideas
- Critique needs or opportunities to develop design briefs and investigate and select an increasingly sophisticated range of materials, systems, components, tools and equipment to develop design ideas
- Generate, develop and test design ideas, plans and processes using appropriate technical terms and technologies including graphical representation techniques
- Apply design thinking, creativity, innovation and enterprise skills to develop, modify and communicate design ideas of increasing sophistication
- Effectively and safely use a broad range of materials, components, tools, equipment and techniques to produce designed solutions Work flexibly to safely test, select, justify and use appropriate technologies and processes to make designed solutions
- Evaluating Independently develop criteria for success to evaluate design ideas, processes and solutions and their sustainability
- Evaluate design ideas, processes and solutions against comprehensive criteria for success recognising the need for sustainability
- Use project management processes to coordinate production of designed solutions
- Develop project plans to plan and manage projects individually and collaboratively taking into consideration time, cost, risk and production processes