The Victorian. And proud of it. experience, co-presented by the Victorian Government, in collaboration with Immigration Museum, is designed to share stories and celebrate everyday examples of contributions Victorians from all walks of life make to our state.
The trail begins on the ground floor and takes audiences through the museum allowing them to participate in active art murals, immersive virtual reality video as well engage with stories of the 8 Victorian. And Proud of it ambassadors featured throughout the trail.
Pick up a map and guide yourself through the museum and reflect on what makes you proud to be Victorian.
Special opening times
Freedom to be yourself badge making activity
2pm–5pm weekdays, 10am–5pm weekends
Victorians living our shared values VR experience
11–12pm, 1.30pm–2.30pm daily
The rest of the trail is open 10am-5pm daily.
In additional to the trail, the Immigration Museum is proud to be supported by Victorian. And proud of it. to deliver activities, events and workshops that encourage cooperation, learning and understanding, and reflect the power of Victorian’s diverse communities.
- 22 September–7 October: Turkish Yuva – Hang out in the Turkish yuva (meaning next, or home) for free throughout the spring school holidays!
- 26 September and 3 October: Ebru, Turkish art of marbling workshop – Try your hand at the traditional method of painting onto paper with pigment and oily water. Free entry.
- 7 October: Queensland Ballet at the Immigration Museum – Dance workshops for young and old, plus a special Q&A with Mao’s Last Dancer himself, Li Cunxin.
- 14 October: Under the Olive Tree – Sound and storytelling in an afternoon of traditional and contemporary Jewish and Arabic music.
- 28 October: Wellness with Gilles Chuyen – A day of yoga, meditation and Bollywood dance-inspired workshops for all ages and interest levels.
- 20 and 21 October: Beats Lab with Mohamed Komba – A weekend beats lab for emerging producers and lyricists.
- 17 November: Blue Black Beatz – A day-long celebration of contemporary African music and spoken word for Melbourne Music Week.
- 24 November: Grow, Gather, Share Gardening Workshop – A gardening workshops celebrating the diversity and history of gardening and food in Australia.